Keeping Your Beautiful Smile Straight with Our Retainers4Life Program in Succasunna, NJ
Your Lifelong Healthy Smile Starts Here
Congratulations, your big day has finally arrived, and you have completed your orthodontic treatment! Although this is an exciting time, we want you to please be aware that maintaining your beautiful new smile is a lifelong commitment. Your teeth will naturally want to move back to their pretreatment position after orthodontic treatment, which is why wearing a retainer is crucial. Retainers help the bone, gums, tongue, and lips adapt themselves to the new positions of your teeth.
Roxbury Orthodontics & Pediatric Dentistry is happy to provide one set of retainers (removable or fixed) with your treatment. Any extra sets needed will result in an additional charge. If lost or broken, it is imperative that you have an immediate replacement made to avoid your teeth from shifting.
Recommendations from Our Orthodontists
In order to maintain your happy, healthy smile, please follow the below recommendations from our experienced orthodontists:
- Retainer check appointments are part of your orthodontic treatment, don’t forget to bring them.
- It’s normal for your gums to be swollen and your teeth to be sensitive initially after treatment.
- Schedule your professional teeth cleaning at your family dentist approximately two weeks after braces.
- Have your family dentist check your wisdom teeth at your recommended cleanings.
- Wear your retainers as instructed, 24 hours/7 days a week for the first 3-6 months. Following this period of time, wear them nightly unless otherwise instructed.
- Caring for your retainers is easy – clean them daily with a retainer cleaner such as “retainer brite” or gently scrub them with a toothbrush with equal parts baking soda and water.
- Store your retainers in their case when not in use (dogs love them and napkins are easily tossed).
- Notify us immediately if your retainer is lost or broken.
- You can enroll in our #RoxOrtho Retainers4Life Program anytime for $639.
Contact Us for More Information on Our Retainers4Life Program in Succasunna, NJ!
To learn more about our Retainer4 Life Program, please contact our office at 973.584.7555. One of our helpful team members will be happy to provide you with more information and answer any questions you may have. Your lifelong happy, healthy smile is our top priority!